The History of Handelsbanken
Welcome to the history of Handelsbanken! On this website you will find text, images and films that tell the story of the bank, its people and environments, and much more. Access to all this information is available by becoming a member of Handelsbanken’s Historical Society. In the meantime, why not take a look at the slideshow!
Handelsbanken’s Historical Society, HHiS, was formed on 20 June 2007 with the aim of spreading knowledge about the history of Handelsbanken. Members of the Society are given extended access to information on handelsbankshistorien.nu and are able to read some articles and other material in advance, which allows them to contribute with additions and corrections. HHiS also organises member activities that are linked to business history in general and the company history of Handelsbanken in particular.
To log in, you need a password, which is provided with membership of Handelsbanken’s Historical Society.
- Motive ID: SHB005426
- Title: The Schinkel House in the Old Town, the first head office of Stockholms Handelsbank 1896-1905.
- Description: In the house remained a department branch, no 4, until 1915.
- Motive ID: SHB015484
- Title: Cartoon in the magazine Puck, illustrating the Fraenckel era in the Stockholm business life.
- Description: Well known people in the capital are phone tapping each other: Louis Fraenckel from Stockholms Handelsbank, K A Wallenberg from Stockholms Enskilda Bank, the social democrats Hjalmar Branting and Hinke Berggren, public prosecutor Lars Stendahl and, above
- Motive ID: SHB002971
- Title: The Lucia party of the Sports Society.
- Description: To the right Managing Director of Handelsbanken Tore Browaldh. In the background Herman Sundström and Sven Björck.